We have all bundled up our kids in snow gear to send them outside to play, only to have the activity cut short because of chilly noses and fingers. To satisfy the snow itch without stepping outside, create this simple snow slime recipe. Not only is this faux snow fun to squish and stretch, you can also extend the play by cutting it with cookie cutters, filling different shaped molds, or hiding little toys in the ‘snow’ for younger children to find. This is the perfect way to “play in the snow” on days that you may not be able to face the outdoors.
• White School Glue (2 cups)
• Borax (3/4 tsp)
• Warm Water
(1 and 1/2 cups, 1 and 1/3 cups)
• Glitter (1 TBS Blue or iridescent)
• Bowls (2)
• Measuring cups
1. In a small bowl, combine 2 cups of the chilled school glue with 1 and 1/2 cups of very warm water. Stir until there is no separation.
2. In a second bowl, combine and stir ¾ teaspoons of borax with 1 and 1/3 cups of very warm water.
3. Pour the borax/water mixture into the glue mixture and stir. After the initial mixing, use your hands to knead the ingredients for a few minutes until there is no longer any water.
4. Once the slime is thoroughly mixed, add glitter to make the
5. Optional: Store the slime in a zip
seal bag in the fridge before and after play IF you want it to be cold to more closely resemble snow.